Weight loss is something that so many people are working on every day, every week, every month and every year. The weight loss industry is a multi billion dollar industry. People are constantly looking for an easy solution, a system or even a quick fix. It’s a constant battle for some. Weight loss truly does not have to be a task. Can it be a challenge? Yes, of course but it can be manageable and something that fits into your lifestyle easily. Your goals truly can be accomplished if you go about it the right way. Follow these easy tips that might help you formulate your weight loss success strategy.
1. Set realistic goals. This is probably the most important tip! Do not set yourself up for failure right off the bat by setting completely unrealistic goals. Instead, set yourself up for success. Set short and long term goals to assist you in the process. For example, a weight loss goal of 8 lbs in one month is realistic and a weight loss goal of 24 lbs in 3 pounds in 3 months is also realistic. It is not realistic to set a 50 pound weight loss goal in one or two months. The average safe weight loss is approximately 2 pounds in one week. Of course, there will be times where you will lose more or lose less. You must factor that into your goals as well as your activity level and lifestyle. It all has to work symbiotically together.
2. Map out a plan. How will you achieve your goals? What changes do you need to make in your life in order to reach these goals? Write down both your short and long term goals. Write down the changes you need to make. For example, are you currently working out? If not, you might need to add simple walking for 20 minutes into your plan 2 – 3 times per week to start. Are you currently eating healthy? If not, you’ll need to figure out how many calories per day you need to take in to lose weight. Is stress reduction currently something that’s part of your life? If you just answered no, then it’s time to start implementing a stress reduction strategy. Massage, yoga, stretching, meditation, quiet time and reading are all great ways to incorporate stress reduction. Map out a clear plan of your goals and the areas of your life that need to change in order to achieve your goals.
3. Log it. Let’s take your plan one step further and start journaling on a daily basis. Keeping track of how much water you drink, how many calories you’re taking in and your activity easy day is absolutely key to reaching your goals. Not only will it help you understand what it takes to lose weight but it will also help you understand what works and what doesn’t for you. Use your journal as a reference to look back at. Let’s say you had a week where you felt incredible and had a ton of energy. What did you do that week to feel that way? What did you eat, how much did you move your body, how much water did you drink, did you change your routine at all? Ultimately, we want to feel incredible every single week, right? Use your journal (or online tracker of your choice) as a guide.
4. Think Lifestyle. Make it work for you! Your schedule, both fitness and nutrition, must fit into your lifestyle. When is the best time for you to work out? Make sure your workouts are at a time that is manageable for you. If you’re someone who likes to eat out quite a bit, find and research healthy restaurants with portion controlled meals so you can still enjoy the ambiance and experience of a restaurant with healthy fare. That being said, it’s probably a good idea to balance out time eating out and time eating at home. Also, don’t forget to treat yourself! Have one cheat meal per week to satisfy any cravings and treat yourself for the great work you’re done all week. Think moderation, not deprivation.
5. Schedule and commit. Schedule your workouts, stress reduction and even healthy eating just as you would any other meeting or commitment. You must be 100% fully committed in order to reach your goals. No excuses. Your workouts are equally as important as any business meeting. It’s your body and your life. In order to be 100% productive, you must be feeling and living at 100%. It’s that important.
Margot Rutigliano is a freelance writer as well as the owner of Vita Vie Retreat. She has been a fitness trainer, wellness coach and healthy living adviser since 1999. Vita Vie Retreat is a fitness getaway offering healthy lifestyle transformation programs for men and women of all ages and fitness levels. For more information or to contact Ms. Rutigliano, please visit http://www.bvretreat.com.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Margot_Rutigliano/1080973